Search This Blog

Saturday, August 13, 2016

The 2016 Distinguished Gentleman's ride

This post all started because David, of Life on two wheels fame, posted about joining the 2016 Distinguished Gentleman's ride.  You can read his post here.

I've never met David but I do like the man and respect him.  I first learned about the Distinguished Gentleman's ride sometime last year but it was after the event itself.  At the time, I thought it might be fun to ride somewhere dressed in my best 1920's clothes.  Besides, I do have a passion for flat caps and it's one of the few times I can have my dickey out in public (Ah, that's clever).

 There are also personal reasons for this.  I have reached a certain age where Prostate Cancer enters the realm of possibility. I've set myself a rather modest goal of $500.

I'm not competing with David, because he's a lawyer and therefore most likely knows more people then little old introverted me.  Plus I don't think it's fair to ask the blogging community to choose between one or the other, as we do have a small group that regularly reads and comments on both blogs.

If your so interested in helping find a cure my personal donation page is here.  If you can't help both of us then please help one or the other.  Please spread the word.  Please feel free to share the links.  Getting the word out is just as important, if not more important then any thing you might be able to give.

If you have a motorcycle or scooter and want to join in, please do so.  The more the merrier (and the more we can all raise). 

Thanks to you gentle readers we will find a cure.  

**UPDATE**

As of 8/16/2016 I am at $146 dollars out of a $500 goal or nearly a 1/3 of the way there!  Thanks very much to the people that donated and continue to support me!!!.  I also found an interesting blog piece about last year's ride complete with pictures you can read here.   I'm really looking forward to this now. 


**UPDATE #2**

I found a vintage tux...and since I'll be riding without safety gear (except helmet and gloves) this seems the way to go.  So is orange my color?




2 comments:

David Masse said...

Rob I will be very pleased if our US based blogger friends support your ride rather than mine. It makes more sense since they'll get the US tax receipt.

Think of us as team mates raising funds together.

David Masse said...

PS Rob, I too liked flat caps and wore one out many years ago.