Search This Blog

Saturday, May 17, 2014

I have the means, I have the ways...all I lack is the _____.

So it has been about a week since I've been officially released to ride and truthfully, I've not ridden that much.  Not that I'm making excuses but this past week has been full of overtime work, training and issues with my other job.  The weather has not helped either as we had two or three rain filled days.

Although this weekend was supposed to be gorgeous.  Friday certainly was with the temperature in the low 70's (low 20's C) and with low humility.  Saturday the humidity will be low again with the high only being 84 F (or 29 C), again great weather to ride in.  Right now though I don't have any plans to go out, I've been riding back and forth to work...and earlier today to the movies.  However I don't seem to have any desire to go "just to go."  Perhaps this will come.

I'm not afraid of riding.  I've just had no desire to go anywhere.  No desire to ride period.  There is no reason for me not to, and I will admit that not having any desire to ride Kimmie anywhere is bothering me.  The weather is wonderful, the temperature perfect...I've just no desire.

Lets hope we get our groove back soon.  Because frankly I just don't want to commute back and forth on my bike to work.  Where is the fun in that?  Plus, honestly, why maintain the blog if all I do is ride back and forth to work?


3 comments:

Martha said...

I seem to remember you having quite a few experiences and epiphanies on your short trips to and from work. Those were nice posts.

Trobairitz said...

You sound like us last summer. We didn't do a whole lot of riding it seems outside of hubby's commute. For some reason we just couldn't think of where we wanted to ride to, and suiting up seemed a chore.

I think we just go through waves of feeling like that. Hopefully you'll start to want to ride further or think of some where to go.

Deb said...

I remember going through phases like this when I first started riding way back when. I beat myself up over it and was filled with a weird sense of guilt and misery.

I finally just let it go and realized that I need some down time every once in a while.

Relax and enjoy whatever you DO feel like doing. The bike will be there. :=)