Search This Blog

Sunday, November 3, 2013

*sigh*

More to follow.  Don't worry I am fine.

The day started off beautifully.  I had been planning to ride down to a Buddhist temple a friend of mine told me about.  I rode down without issue, my GPS and new I-track application for my phone where syncing up. The sun was shining and all was right with the world.

A girl I work with asked me to stop by her house since I live close by and check on her home since she was on vacation.  Sure!  

I felt something give...a POP!  Then a wiggle.  Luckily I was at a low speed and on a road that was pretty empty.  I pulled over and found my back tire had gone flat.  

Funny thing is that when I was down at the Temple I considered having a monk bless my bike.  After all I thought, she is Korean and most likely Buddhist.    I decided not to, I was not sure how they would feel about that and was not sure if it was part of the tradition to bless an object.  It seems that I should have listened to her and had it done.

Lesson learned:  Always listen to your woman.

No comments: