I have not been riding Kimmie hard or for very far in the last two weeks or so. I've had a persistent head cold and/or allergy and/or sinus issue that has made me lightheaded at best, miserable at worst.
The weather has been glorious however so I've tried to take it out when I can. I know she doesn't like the cold and a few mornings here have been a bit brisk. It's been dry and by the middle of the day the temperatures are perfect for riding, being neither to hot or to cold. By the time I would ride home from work the "brisk-ness" had returned but it's nothing a light sweatshirt or my Freeze-out jacket could handle.
Still though, I sided on the caution to protect my health.
I'm wondering now if I should not of invested in a battery tender or rode the bike more. Now I'm searching around trying to figure out how old my battery is (1 year? 2?...3?).
Sue asked me to run to the store and get a few last minute items, nothing major. I jumped on Kimmie, she fired right up and I was off, a few moments later arriving at my destination. We were having seven people over the house for dinner, and I was not going to be late.
It was not even ten minutes after my arrival. I jump on the bike. No power, no turn over, nothing. I lift the seat and see a little light burning...so she has something in the battery. I check the connections and they are nice and tight.
I get an electrical jump off a car and tell Sue the problem, going about 1 hour and forty miles out of my way in an attempt, misguided as it may be, to charge the battery.
I get home, our guests have arrived. I eat, I chat, I drink a wonderful wine that highlights the turkey and ham beautify. I laugh.
That is till I try to start Kimmy. Nothing, nada, nope.
Sadly I have to work all day tomorrow being that I drawled the proverbial short stick, but I'm hoping that Saturday I'll be able to get down into the nitty gritty of the problem.