Search This Blog

Thursday, September 1, 2016

A Gentleman's Update (Matching Funds Challenge)

I've been challenged.

A very generous donor, who wishes to stay anonymous, sent me a message via my Facebook page on August 27th.  Somehow I didn't see it till the 31st.  

What he stated was simple.  If I manage to raise another $150, to bring me to approximately $350 in total pledges, he will match that amount to help me reach my goal of $500!   To say that I'm surprised and humbled by his offer is an understatement.     

I do not know this generous soul personally.  I have never met him and perhaps never will.  He's offering matching funds because he believes in this cause.   To the best of my knowledge he has no clue that this blog exists.



How can I not accept that challenge?



So my friends it's the 4th down and long and I'm throwing a Hail Mary pass.  It's the bottom of the 9th inning and the count is 2 strikes and 3 balls with bases loaded.   It's time to step up and be a hero or a goat. 


Please donate something.  Even $5 helps at this time.  

https://www.gentlemansride.com/rider/robwilson 

In slightly different news, I am truly amazed at the generosity of the riding community.  Sure I knew about the various toy rides every December,  the various charities that bikers support day in and day out without any recognition.  

A fellow blogger, Ruckus Scooter Love, has been having a rough time of it lately due to a variety of reasons.  I've watched from afar as people that have never met her have helped with her partner with medical issues, with the loss of a loved one.  With her scooter.  

I am honored to be part of this community.  It is truly a brotherhood of the two wheels. 

No comments: