Search This Blog

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Lets take a moment.

I was going to write a big remembrance piece today, about where I was and what I was doing.  Some moments stay with you.

I was lucky, I didn't know anyone that was directly affected when the towers fell...indirectly and profoundly changed yes, but no one who lost their lives or the lives of a love one.  No one that I know suffered the loss of a loved one indirectly either.

Illustrations By Richard Dorgan (Dick Dorgan) U.S.N.R.F. Published in 1918, by Frederick A. Stokes 
Since then, yes.  To war, to accidents...to disease.

On such a day as this I will remember the little things.  Remember how quiet it was, how strangers hugged.  How blue the sky is, and how the song of a bird seemed so sweet at that moment.

I will kiss the girlfriend and hold her tight.  I will call my brother, a volunteer firefighter, and thank him.   I will tell my friends and family I love them.

These are the moments we need never to forget.

No comments: